Reducation Dec 2015
REDucation is back from 2nd to 4th Dec 2015.
This is is fully immersive, hands-on, practical training and teaching of the RED camera systems for both on set practices and post production practices.
This is real-world training – taught by working professionals, for working professionals and those looking to work in the field of Digital Cinematography and Ultra High Resolution Post Production.
Course Fee: S$ 1950 before 7% GST (S$ 2086.50 after GST)
Media practitioners who are Singaporeans or Singapore PRs can apply for MDA Talent Assistance grants for 90% of the course fee . In addition, eligible local media freelancers can apply for a Training Allowance of S$7.50 per training hour (totalling S$ 157.50 for the 3 days). All grant applications have to be submitted to Six Degrees at least 21 days before the course start. (By Nov 9th ) All applications are subject to approval
More information about application procedures here.
You can register your interest here
2nd to 4th Dec 2015 (MDA Submissions by 9th Nov)
9.30 am to 5.30 pm
Lasalle School of the Arts
1 McNally Street
The courses is conducted in
Lasalle -SIA Film StudioThe Unit is H301 ,which is Block H level 3
Course timing is 9.30 am to 5.30 pm
Breakfast and Lunch are provided.
A map and more information can be found here
3-DAY REDUCATION COURSE
Led by a team of RED professionals.
RED Digital Cinema is committed to helping participants develop hands-on, industry-specific skills through the REDucation® program. Offering a fully immersive training environment, REDucation provides on set and post production experience using the EPIC MYSTERIUM-X and EPIC DRAGON camera systems.
This is real-world training. Taught by industry-leading professionals, REDucation is tailored for all skill levels—from students to working professionals. REDucation instructors provide application knowledge of RED's RAW workflow in the field of Digital Cinematography and Ultra High Resolution Post Production.
The 3-day REDucation class focuses on hands-on learning with RED Digital Cinema camera packages. Learn, shoot and review 4K footage on the big screen each day.
REDucation's core course covers:
- Introduction to the DSMC System: Experience the modular capabilities of the RED DSMC system with various monitoring, lens, and mounting options
- Menu Structure: A complete overview of the camera menus and options
- Exposure Dynamics: Shooting RED in low light, high contrast, and daylight exterior
- Shooting Exercises: Learn best practices whether shooting motion, stills, or in HDRx
- Science of RED: Bayer pattern, resolution, codec choices, wavelets, and color science
- R3D Workflow: Post house and DIT overview, archival, editing and grading options
- Daily Screenings: Showcase of 4K footage from students and RED archives
- Data Dynamics: Learn about R3D file management, archiving, data rates, and hardware options
- Color Grading: Demonstrations from industry leaders regarding 4K professional color grading
REDucation is taught worldwide by a pool of talented and experienced instructors.
Other RED News
RED RAVEN brings RED sensor technology to aspiring shooters everywhere. Capturing images using a 4K RED DRAGON® sensor, RED RAVEN reinforces RED’s commitment to its core principles. RED was founded on the belief that cinema-quality creative tools shouldn’t be in the hands of a few—it should truly be 4K for all.
RED RAVEN makes it even easier for passionate shooters to join the RED ecosystem—and truly experience quality without compromise. All RED RAVEN accessories are compatible with WEAPON®, allowing your tools to evolve with your shooting needs.
More information at
The RED Raven is currently expected to ship Feb 2016. We are taking Pre Orders so you can put down USD 1000 to confirm your unit. We have confirmed 10 units with RED and 5 have already been reserved.
The RED Raven is only available in EF (Canon ) mount.
Specifications ,Shipping time and price subject to change.
The AV8 Media Team