Professional Camera Handling
Professional HD Camera Handling is a hands-on, practical course that
will teach media professionals how to manipulate and control the sophisticated
inner workings of professional, full-sized, 2/3"-CCD high-definition
This is the ONLY HD camera handling course available in Singapore to teach BOTH of the
major standards -- the Panasonic Varicam (HDC-27), and the Sony CineAlta
(F900R). Armed with this intimate knowledge of HD camera usage, attendees will
then be able to master ANY current or future model of professional HD camera in
The course is specially tailored for Cinematographers (DPs), Assistant
Cameramen, Producers & Directors who want to understand the inner workings
of these state-of-the-art devices.
This is not a cinematography class; rather, we aim to give filmmakers the tools
and information they need to maximise the HD format during shooting. Filled
with practical, everyday tips for enhancing use of HD cameras, the course is
guaranteed to help cameramen improve their acquisition of HD images. Filmmakers
will also gain an insight into the possibilities available to them on-set.
Every attendee will have the opportunity to have hands-on experience with both
the cameras, and post-production equipment will also be on-hand to show
attendees the final results of their efforts.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Directors of Photography (DP's),Cameramen,Camera Assistants
- Choosing frame sizes and frame rates for HD
- Characteristics & strengths of each camera system -- Varicam & CineAlta
- Examples of Varicam & CineAlta footage -- for TV, and after transfer to film
- Focus and Exposure settings
- Optimising the camera for high contrast or low light scenarios
- Creating custom looks on-set
- Techniques & settings in shooting for HDTV broadcast and for Theatrical Release
- Using the Varicam's variable frame-rate (4-60 fps) for slow-motion, fast motion and time-lapse
- Shooting PAL in NTSC countries, and vice-versa
- Use of Pre-Recording / Loop Recording functions to ensure no missed moments
- Post-production and workflow factors to consider before the shoot
hours ( 3 full days including our HD Overview class )
S$ 990.00 (Take this class with our Lighting for HD class for a combined price of S$ 1300)
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Ian Wee Woon Hui has had a lifelong fascination with the moving
image.From as early as 14 he was already experimenting with digital film
making.He graduated with a Merit Diploma in Film, Sound & Video from the School of Film and Media Studies (Ngee Ann
Polytechnic). and subsequently worked at the SAF Film Unit as an editor.
He is currently a Freelance Director who has directed several documentary projects, including Beyond the Edge - F1 Powerboats, the pioneer HD programme for the Mega Media / Rainbow Media (US HD cable channel) collaboration. The production entailed the use of 7 HD cameras simultaneously, making it the largest Singapore HD project to date.
He has also directed documentaries for Discovery Channel,National Geographic ,Channel News Asia and Arts Central.
COURSE APPLICATION FORM
Kindly fill up the form below and fax it back to 63369303 fro confirmation.