Video Editing with Adobe Premiere Pro
This course teaches participants to perform essential editing techniques while becoming familiar with the Adobe Premiere Pro user interface. This class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Adobe Premiere Pro and uses hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality. No substantial editing experience is required.
Our 3 day course will provide you with the core skills you need to make the most of this extremely powerful application.
(9.30am to 5.30pm)
1st, 2nd,3rd Sep 2021 (Wed to Fri, In person with Safe Distancing)
Classes are in person with safe distancing. Workstations are provided. Participants only need to bring their own writing materials.
Please contact us if you would like to be informed of other dates.
Custom courses can be arranged for your organisation if you have a minimum number .
S$ 850.00 before 7% GST
S$ 909.50 after 7% GST
- Introduction to non-linear editing
- Linked media and offline editing
- Working with the Premiere Pro interface
- Project settings and workspaces
- Mobile and high definition editing
- Creating and editing project settings
- Adjusting user preferences
- Creating workspace for various editing modes
- Importing and Assets
- Importing assets
- Managing media in the project panel
- Working with media browser
- Overview of video, audio, image and graphics formats
- Video, audio, image and graphics issues
- Working with the source panel
- Viewing and playback options
- Editing Fundamentals
- Using in-point and out-point
- Overview of the timeline and sequence
- Adding, removing and managing audio/video tracks
- Creating a rough cut
- Basic video editing tools and markers
- Woking with Program panel
- Trimming audio and video clips
- Working with the Ripple, Slip and Rolling tools
- How to use Three point editing
- Effects and Transitions
- Effects and effect controls panels
- Introduction to audio and video transitions
- Adding, removing and editing transitions
- Video and audio enhancement filters
- Apply audio noise reduction filters
- Basic colour correction using Lumetri Colour
- Working with Lumetri Scopes
- Using Essential Sound panel
- Creating Titles
- Essential Graphics panel
- Working with Rulers and Guides
- Using the Type tool
- Creating Rolling and Crawling titles
- Using Keyframes
- Overview of motion and opacity properties
- Working with keyframes
- Adding, removing and editing keyframes
- Applying keyframes to effects and properties
- Exporting and Optimization
- Adjusting audio using the Audio Track Mixer
- Creating a final cut
- Working with Project manager
- Premiere Pro export options and presets
- Export for social media and various platforms
- Working with Adobe Media Encoder
About the instructors
Ian is a Certified Instructor for Adobe's Creative Cloud Editing Solutions including Adobe Premiere Pro . He has also taught other editing platforms such as FCP X,FCP 7 ,Avid and DaVinci Resolve at various educational institutions in Singapore. In addition to teaching these editing platforms Ian conducts AV8 Media's popular colour grading courses. He has also conducted courses in Stereoscopic 3D production,RED Camera and many other production related fields for institutions like NYU Tisch School of Film,Ngee Ann Polytechnic and Sony Singapore.
He is a director who is gifted both creatively and technically – constantly using new digital technologies in his work to push the limits of what's possible..While he was still a Managing Director at Widescreen Media Pte Ltd (of which he is one of the founders), he supervised post-production for broadcast programmes & feature films, and helped spearhead Stereoscopic 3D production in Asia.
Lawrence Teo is a production professional with almost 20 years of industry experience . Since graduating from Ngee Ann Polytechnic School of Film and Media Studies in 2001 he has founded and managed production companies that specialise in both photography and video production. He furthered his education by completing a Bachelors degree in Communication and Media Studies from RMIT in 2015. Lawrence has served as an adjunct lectured at institutions like Temasek Polytechnic and Lasalle College of the Arts since 2007. He is an Adobe Certified Instructor for their Creative Cloud Video Editing Solutions including Adobe Premiere Pro.
Lynus Hee is a Certified Instructor for Adobe's Creative Cloud Editing Solutions including Adobe Premiere Pro . he also speaiclaises in teaching Adobe After Effects. He spent more than 10 years in video post-production as an editor and motion graphics artist and has worked for broadcasters such as Channel Nine Television and BBC World. He completed his bachelor degree in film and television with distinction from Curtin University and was also inducted into the Golden Key International Honour Society. Lynus has been using Adobe software for almost 20 years and is now an Adobe Certified Video Specialist certified to teach 4 different Adobe Software namely Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro and Encore. He had also been a contributing editor to magazines such as PhotoVideoi and Playworks and a speaker in seminars such as Photo Imaging Xchange alongside Julieanne Kost and photographer John Cosgrove.